Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How much are your gowns?
- A: Our dresses generally range from $99 to $1250 with a few below or above this range. The average cost of our dresses is $600.
- Q: How does my dress help people and families affected by cancer?
- A: The sale of your dress helps fund programs and services at the Cancer Support Community of Greater Ann Arbor for things like support groups, counseling services, educational workshops, nutrition classes, stress management, and more.
- Q: What is the Cancer Support Community of Greater Ann Arbor?
- A: The CSC of Greater Ann Arbor is an affiliate of the largest and most comprehensive nonprofit program in the country devoted solely to providing emotional support and education to people with cancer, their caregivers, and children – all free of charge. The Ann Arbor CSC is a grassroots organization founded by a group of committed community volunteers, each personally touched by cancer. In our local community, special efforts have been made to ensure that the CSC is truly serving all people affected by cancer, including those often underserved.
Please vist www.cancersupportannarbor.org for more information.
- Q: How do I donate my gown?
- A: Read our donate a gown page for all the details on what we accept and how to donate.
- Q: Is my gown donation tax deductible?
- A: Yes! Please ensure you fill out our donation form in order to receive your tax receipt.
- Q: Do I need to get my wedding gown cleaned before I donate it?
- A: We would really appreciate if you could have your gown cleaned before you donate it. However, if you can’t, we would rather you donate it as is than not at all!
- Q: What can I expect when I visit The Brides Project?
- A: You can expect a fun, amazing experience! Our bridal consultants are warm, friendly, and welcoming. We want you to feel beautiful and excited, not stressed, about finding a dress for your big day! We do ask that you are careful with our gowns. Every gown here could be someone’s wedding dress, so they must be treated with respect.
- Q: How can I arrange to try on bridal gowns?
- A: You must make an appointment.
- Q: What should I wear to my appointment?
- A: Please do NOT wear any makeup or fake tan. This is absolutely essential! Otherwise, feel free to wear comfortable clothing and bring clean, dry footwear for safety and comfort.
- Q: What should I bring on appointment day?
- A: Please bring with you any undergarments you might need (strapless bra, spanx etc.) and a preparedness to say “YES!” to the dress!
Please do NOT bring any food or beverages to our salon. But we encourage you to eat something before you come so that any fainting is only due to excitement, not hunger.
- Q: Can I browse your inventory of dresses online?
- A: Unfortunately, no. Due to the high turnover rate of our inventory, we can only post examples of gowns that come in to our salon on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
If you are looking for something specific in a bridal gown, please call or email us with what you are looking for, and then we can review our inventory and get back with you.