After your big day, you can have your wedding enrich the lives of others by donating your bridal gown to The Brides Project. Due to our current space restrictions, we are accepting bridal gowns that are 5 years old or newer.
The Brides Project will re-sell your gown to another happy bride, with proceeds from the sale benefiting the Cancer Support Community of Greater Ann Arbor. This nonprofit organization provides free support services to people who have been touched by cancer. By donating a bridal gown to The Brides Project you can have a real impact:
Four dresses allows a person touched by cancer to receive professional support for a year.
two dresses helps a child who has a parent with cancer find understanding and acceptance.
One dress provides a workshop that empowers through knowledge.
Interested in donating? Great! First a few things you should know
- We accept gowns from all over the country
- We enjoy gowns that are 10 years old or newer
- We love pictures and stories of your wedding
Still interested donating? Here’s how!
- Take the gown out of any box it may currently be in
- Roll the gown as tight as you can and place it in a pillow case (or something comparable)
- Place the rolled-up gown in a shipping box
- Complete this donation form
- Place donation form in shipping box, with gown
- Send boxed gown to:
Cancer Support Community of Greater Ann Arbor
2010 Hogback Rd., Suite 3
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
For those donating locally, the Cancer Support Community is open:
- Monday through Thursday, 9 am - 4:30 pm
- Friday, 9 am - noon
You will receive a letter 2 to 3 weeks after we have received the gown that can be used for tax purposes, confirming that we have received your gown. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com